Sunday, May 20, 2012

15,000 + Calories Weekend



Prologue- Friday – In the last couple of months I have put on more than x pounds. Now, I cannot fit decently into my business shirts; and these shirts were perfect in December. OK – time to get serious now – time to start going to the gym. I am so regular at paying my annual fees at the gym – now, is the time to start some serious workout.

Chapter 1 – Friday Night

Friday night, after dinner, I decide to go for a quick walk. It was hot, and there was some shimmering bluish light. I walk in the direction and saw this ice cream vendor parked right around the corner. Right then and there, I finished a whole  choco bar – in less than a minute probably. If someone noticed me then, they would have thought I was starving. But remember, it was a post-dinner walk. Thank god for these ice cream vendors – 6 of them within 10 minutes of walking distance. They are parked perfectly to lure all these people who come for after dinner walks. I am so glad that I don’t go for these post dinners walks often. Not only I don’t have the time and energy, but probably my subconscious mind already knows that I will eat ice creams.

So – I come back after my ice cream trip, and sleep. And that was the start of binging weekend. I don’t know if it was something to do with the ice cream, or the guilt of adding those additional pounds that I just couldn’t stop eating the whole weekend.

Chapter 2 – Social Saturday

The morning started with a Grande Latte, served right in my bed.

Then, I went to Medicity for some checkups for my mom. While I was waiting for her at the lounge, I remembered airport lounges. Suddenly, I was missing my crazy travel days. Now, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of airport – outside of the planes of course – YES – Coffee, and the sexy aroma of freshly brewed coffee. So, I had to do what I do best – either compulsive eating, or compulsive shopping. Now, there isn’t much to shop in a hospital – so, I look for coffee. And yes, there it was -  a Costa Coffee outlet. Was I lucky or what. There, I go and order a Grand Cappuccino and an Almond Cherry Muffin. Yes – it was some healthy breakfast time. Now, around noon, I was still waiting for the final tests, and I walked into the Costa Coffee again and ordered a coffee and a Veg Focaccia Sandwich. Yeah – who cares that I had to start my day with workout. There’s always a tomorrow.

Then, I had a late lunch date with a very dear friend. I had been wanting to meet her for the longest time, and meeting over food is always good. After all, you need to replenish/refuel your energy for all the chatting. So, shortly, I was at the Asian Bistro ( don’t remember the real name) at The Palms; ordering a Mint Lemonade and a light lunch of FRIED babycorn and mushrooms.

Went to pick up my sister – and again – as if I was starving, there were cups of Chai, with cookies, multi grain sandwich, poha and chila. And Watermelon. And Butter Milk.

And before I knew, it was dinner time – out with family at The Coriander Leaf for some great Pakistani and North India Cuisine with Ginger Ales and Red Wines and delicious Paans and Litchi Ice cream.

Time for bed time guilt – when you have eaten food that a normal person would eat in four days. And that happens daily with me.

Chapter 3 – Sloppy Sunday

Sunday started with a Latte again. All the food on Saturday was making me too full to go for a workout. So, I decide to postpone the whole thing. What’s the hurry, and let’s get real – I can’t loose all the extra pounds in a day.

Because I was feeling full, I make a mental note of eating healthy. So, I start with a healthy breakfast of watermelon. Then, there is some pooja at home, and everyone had to eat Halwa. Now, being a bit traditional, I had to eat. Eat a lot f it. 

And then there is lunch – full Indian lunch. The midday was full of guests and chai and snacks from Haldirams – and all the fried and sweet ones.

And it was complete dinner again - with ice-cream and fruits.

 If I was maintaining a food diary I would have clocked 15,000 and counting.

Epilogue

As I am writing this, I am eating a huge slice of pound cake. I have to start my workout… Well, there’s always tomorrow!!


Confession– this is not a paid writing. And none of the food vendors, restaurants, ice cream parlors or food items have paid me for mentioning them – no credits at all.

5 comments:

  1. Go and have Hot Chocolate Fudge from my side..i don mind that even after having 50,000 calories and you are just at 15,000..!

    LONG LIVE ICE CREAMS...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long Live Ice creams indeed.... I will send you the bill for reimbursement:-)

      And 15,000 vs 50,000 depend on the base ;).

      Delete
  2. ROFL....that was hilariously well said! OMG, I can't stop laughing and visualizing the Kari I knew in US. Stay the way you are! Miss you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha ha dimps... those were THE days ;).. really miss you sooooo much...hugs!!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

London Through My Lens - Au Revoir Time

I promised my dear friend that I will write blog on my London - and my observations. It has been 6 weeks that I left London - and I still ...