Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dubai Desert Safari – An Enchanting Evening




Desert Safari in Dubai definitely made it to my top 10 things to do in Dubai. It is a roller-coaster ride in the Arabian sands, which gives you an experience of culture and food as well. 








The Desert Safari includes:
  • Pick and drop
  • Dune bashing in 4WDs
  • Camel riding
  • Quad biking
  • Cultural experience – henna painting, sheesha, belly dancing 
  • Dinner and drinks – Soft drinks, tea and coffee are on the house. You can purchase alcohol. To eat are plenty of local food and kebabs - enough for both vegetarian and meat eaters’ palette.










Even though I experience motion sickness, I thoroughly enjoyed dune bashing – and skipped camel ride and quad biking. Yeah – had to trade off. 


The dune bashing led to an enchanting Bedouin camp. It almost looks like a storybook site. We had plenty opportunities for photo, and then the entertainment, and drinks and dinner started. There are side kiosks for souvenirs and henna. If you are interested, you can wear an abaya and get a photo shoot.




The cultural entertainment is also good – there is a male dancer whose skirts lit up with fluorescent lights and then of course – a mesmerizing belly dancer. The best part about the belly dancer was that she was thoroughly enjoying her dance.



My 2 cents - one of those things you have to try and it is fun if you have realistic expectations (I have camped in Wadi rum – but I didn’t compare).  I personally enjoyed it and think it's definitely worth the price I paid.

Some Tips –
  • Take your pills if you feel car/motion sickness.
  • You will surely be tossed and turned around – so, ensure you have eaten at least an before you sit in the car. Don’t drink too much water either on the way ( yeah – seriously!)
  • Wear shoes with buckles, the ones that you can easily open to get the sand out.
  • Use one of the deal sites to make your reservations. This will surely save you the money.
  • Try not to sit in the back. It can get cramped.
  • We took the evening tour. There are morning and overnight options available.


8 comments:

  1. I must say it is nice and informative share i must say share some information for Dubai Desert Safari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting out of the bustle of the Dubai city in the afternoon for this thrilling and amusing experience on Hummer safari. Desert Safari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choose Morocco Tour Package and get unlimited fun on your journey. Experience the local experience with a local tour guide who will guide you through all the streets, raids, palaces, and all other historical places according to your trip plan.

    ReplyDelete

London Through My Lens - Au Revoir Time

I promised my dear friend that I will write blog on my London - and my observations. It has been 6 weeks that I left London - and I still ...