Saturday, April 14, 2012

Paris, je t'aime


April 2011, Paris


Paris had always been on my places to visit – and yes, I am just one of the billions and billions people in this world with that list.


In April 2011, while flying to Zurich for work, I ended up watching Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris. Somehow, after the movie – the number I Love Paris kept on resonating in my head. And my French client just quipped - Paris Calling!>And boom – there was this strong, sudden impulse – Go to Paris. So, impulsively, to his horror, I decided to go to Paris all by myself.  I landed at Charles de Gaulle (Yes, I was crazy to fly there rather than take a train from Zurich).  It was one of the most not-so-impressive international airports in the world and my reaction was – OK – I hope it’s just the airport.!




Heeding to his traveling alone advice, I booked myself in Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel. After reaching hotel, the first thing I did was walked 15 minutes to Eiffel Tower. And oh my god – there I was –in love with the city. This is as clichéd as I can get, but yes- there was something magical, and mystical about it.






Walk for another 30 minutes, crossing the hotel and I was at the Champs-Elysees. And then I knew – this is it. A city so beautiful, with spring in everyone’s step –for me, it truly lived up to its reputation of being the most beautiful, romantic, historical and stylish cities.





With a city tour in the day and a Siene river cruise in night – with the Parisian music playing – I was totally besotted with the city – promising to come back again! One of the weekends – very well spent!!


2 comments:

  1. i agree with each and every word you have said..i visited paris for 1st time 4 years back and had same feeling as you about the city because airport is not impressive at all.. rather one can say biggest dissappoitment..

    Next time.. do paris by night , Grand Louvre and shopping @ La vallee village...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just give a few thousand francs to shop at @ La Vallee Village ... and i will give you a few pounds of weight in return - to be able to fit in all those designer outfits ;).

    ReplyDelete

London Through My Lens - Au Revoir Time

I promised my dear friend that I will write blog on my London - and my observations. It has been 6 weeks that I left London - and I still ...