Monday, December 24, 2012

And There Goes My One Inhibition for a Toss



14th December’2012 – Gurgaon Annual Bash

Never ever – and I repeat – never, ever I thought I will dance in front of my 2500 colleagues. Yes, and that too on Gangnam Style. Yes, it still takes me a while to believe that it was real, and that I did it.

It was time for the annual, year-end company bash. And as always, the creative heads were planning a gala event. 

As a part of tradition, the company leadership does a small performance. This time, I got pulled into the event. There was a funny script, where we had to walk the ramp – like a fashion show ramp. When I signed up for the same, I was told I will just have to be present – and to save my international roaming, I said yes, OK – I will be present on the Stage. How bad can that be – one would ask ;).

And then – when I walked into the practice session, I realized what had I really signed up for. I will have to do a cat walk; and then dance on Gangnam. OMG – that feeling in my stomach. But what the heck – I did decide to go for it. We practiced for a week – and then there was D-day. I was told by my best friends at work to “chill out”, have fun, and let it loose.

D-Day – started with fun, girly talks on make-ups and dresses. And then, the time came when we had to drive to the venue. And there – our group was called, and the moment I stepped on the stage, I felt fine and confident. I walked, and danced like no one is watching. And, I enjoyed fully. We were called for an encore, and we did it again. 

The program was so appreciated, and so many people complimented me – whether they knew me or not. I felt like a Rock Star.

To wrap up the evening, I connected with my best friends, danced to the tune of DJs, and had a total evening of fun!! A great time and enjoying while letting go of an inhibition – thank you my friends for making me do this :-)

Cheers!!!

P.S – no photo for this write up to protect privacy of all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

London Through My Lens - Au Revoir Time

I promised my dear friend that I will write blog on my London - and my observations. It has been 6 weeks that I left London - and I still ...